2021 NORTHPORT-COMMACK YOUTH CHEERLEADING
CHEER ~ STUNT ~ DANCE ~ TUMBLE
We are planning on running regular seasons and all of the programs we normally do, HOWEVER please note, THIS SEASON WILL NOT BE THE SAME AS PAST SEASONS.
Don’t register if you expect the same program that we have had over the years.
Our programs will still be the best, they will cultivate young players and cheerleaders who will go on to the middle school and high school prepared for the next level.
Our programs will be run safely, and with professionalism and love for your children, but there will be inevitable changes due to COVID and the current youth sports environment.
Football has changed, leagues have changed, and there are a number of challenges still present. We assure you that we will have a season and games for football and cheerleading, however what exactly that looks like will not be clear until later in the summer.
2021 Season Fee
The 2021 season fee for cheerleading will be $225.00.
Cheer is open to students entering grades K- 6 in the upcoming school year.
- Practices normally begin around the middle of July and runs 1x a week throughout the season. Unfortunately we do not have a start date yet.
- Practice location and times will be announced as soon as possible.
- Teams are by divided by grade level and are determined after registration
- Each squad has a Team Coach and Team Parent (mom and/or dad).
- We cheer at home and select away Tigers football games and some special events.
- Pom Poms, a cheer bow and a team sweatshirt are part of registration fee and yours to keep!
- There is a uniform deposit fee of $100.00 (you will receive this deposit back at end of season when uniform is returned in good condition)
- To be supplied by the parents: White cheer sneakers, no-show socks, black compression shorts, and white crop top (available for purchase through the league).
- We ask that one family member for each cheerleader volunteer to help the league in some capacity. On the registration form you will see each area for volunteering listed.
- Each cheerleader is responsible for selling 10 raffle tickets at $10 a piece.
- Exclusive FUN Cheer Events in addition to cheering at games. We do our best to participate in these events, but there are no guarantees, they are based on budget and interest:
- Citifield day – learn a dance and cheer on the actual field with the New York Jets Flight crew cheerleaders
- Stony Brook University day – run through the tunnel and cheer with the Stony brook cheerleaders
- March in Cow Harbor Day Parade
For more information and FAQ, click on “Cheerleading” at the top of the page.